Simon & Schuster encourages you to order our books through your bookseller or wholesaler of choice. If you are unable to locate the titles or quantity you desire, you may order from us. Author appearance book orders should be placed with our Customer Service Department.
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Author Appearance Book Ordering Procedure for Schools & Libraries
Simon & Schuster Customer Service 1-800-976-1726 or 1-877-989-0009
When placing your order, please clearly state that you are ordering books for an author appearance.
Please keep in mind the following:
- All orders must be placed at least 6 weeks in advance of the appearance
- A 40% discount will be given to all orders placed with Simon & Schuster in conjunction with author appearances at schools and libraries. Please note there is a 10-unit minimum on all orders.
- Simon & Schuster waives the freight charges for these orders. Note: orders will be shipped via DHL or Emery
- When calling to place an order, you will be asked to fill out a very brief account application so that an account can be established for you. Once you have your account number, you can call in orders to either of the toll free lines with your credit card.
- We would prefer that a credit card be used for purchases, or we can provide an official quote (proforma) so that payment can be made by check.
- Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
When you are ready to place a book order, please have the following information:
- Complete shipping and billing address
- Contact name and phone number of someone who can be reached during the day
- Actual date of author appearance
- Titles, quantities, ISBN numbers
- Purchase order number, if your school or library uses them
After the appearance, you have the option to return unsold books:
- Return freight is the responsibility of the school or library
- Books must be in saleable condition (and unsigned).
- Multiply returns by the "unit price," as shown on your order
- You will be credited for the returned amount
- It is recommended that books are returned using a carrier that provides tracking. All returns must be sent to the warehouse at:
Simon & Schuster Returns
Simon & Schuster
c/o Arnold Logistics
4406 Industrial Park Road, Building #7
Camp Hill, PA 17011