Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox.
Table of Contents
About The Book
About The Illustrator
Christine Davenier’s favorite dessert is profiterole au chocolat. She is the illustrator of many books for children including the Iris and Walter series by Elissa Haden Guest and The First Thing My Mama Told Me by Susan Marie Swanson, for which Christine received a New York Times Book Review Best Illustrated Children’s Book of the Year Award. She lives in Paris.
- Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers (May 4, 2010)
- Length: 176 pages
- ISBN13: 9781416963868
- Grades: 2 - 5
- Ages: 7 - 10
- Lexile ® 750 The Lexile reading levels have been certified by the Lexile developer, MetaMetrics®
- Fountas & Pinnell™ O These books have been officially leveled by using the F&P Text Level Gradient™ Leveling System
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Award Master List
- KC3 Award Master List (MO)
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Dessert First Trade Paperback 9781416963868(0.4 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Hallie Durand Photo Credit: Sharon Stewart(4.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More books from this illustrator: Christine Davenier
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.