"Dr. Barry offers hope to anyone willing to face their fears and do the work. Much-needed guidance in today’s turbulent world."
"An intensely powerful book filled with clear tools to help us survive and cope with some of the most profound moments in our lives. Moving and thoughtful."
– Bruce Daisley, author of the Sunday Times No. 1 bestseller The Joy of Work
"Another fantastic book from Dr Barry, this time focused on emo- tional healing. The book deals with understanding and tackling negative emotions including dealing with very painful and difficult topics such as the death of a partner or child. A personal touch is brought throughout the book and it is both a very interesting and enriching read."
– Professor Catherine Harmer, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Oxford
"In a sea of self-help nonsense, Emotional Healing is truly an inspirational book and a practical ‘how to’ guide. Dr Harry Barry is the best in the business so when he says you can emotionally heal your life – believe him."
– Niamh Horan, The Independent (London)
"Emotional Healing is a refreshingly helpful book for anyone who is seeking to have a better understanding of their emotional life and wellbeing . . . for anyone struggling with emotional problems or distress it has the potential to be a powerful self-empowering and transformative book."
– Sr Stanislaus Kennedy, social campaigner, author and founder of Focus Ireland and the Sanctuary Meditation Centre
"The strategies outlined by Dr Harry for responding to such upheavals can help us develop the emotional resilience to put ourselves ‘back together again’ and recover the ability to not only take care of ourselves, but those we love."
– Professor Larry Culpepper, Professor of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine
"This is rock-solid, practical advice on how to heal yourself emotionally by a fine GP who knows his brain science and has long experience of helping people find their way through emotional crises. Above all, he does not medicalize the mind but instead offers a powerfully humane array of first-rate advice."
– Professor Ian Robertson, Professor of Psychology, Trinity College Dublin and author of The Stress Test
I love this book. Emotional Healing will give so much hope and practical help to so many who feel adrift in life, convinced that nothing can fix them . . . This book can change your life. It teaches us to fix ourselves."
– Cathy Kelly, author and UNICEF ambassador