Authors Lilla Bek and Philippa Pullar describe how our healing capacities can be developed by applying the energy centered in the seven major chakras to the process of healing by special techniques including meditation, visualization, and relaxation. They see spiritual healing not as an alternative to orthodox medicine, but as a way to enhance and supplement the work of health care practitioners by enabling the sick to tap into their own inner strength and to trigger within themselves the will to be well. In this guidebook to spiritual healing, the authors discuss:
• The history of the healing arts in ancient Egypt and Greece and the early Christian church.
• The the aura, the subtle bodies, and the relation of the chakras to the colored rays.
• The balancing of dominant colors with their complements.
• Dowsing for information about health.
• The use of spirit guides.
• Developing attunement and becoming a channel for healing energies.
• Physical and psychic influences in the environment and their relation to disease.
• Special practices for cleansing, relaxation, meditation, breathing, visualization, guided meditation, and contacting the higher energies.