Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox.
Let it Shine
Table of Contents
About The Book
Coretta Scott King Award winner Ashley Bryan celebrates three favorite spirituals in this colorful and joyous picture book.
This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine,
let it shine,
let it shine.
Come, sing, and celebrate the power of the beloved songs “This Little Light of Mine,” “Oh, When the Saints Go Marching In,” and “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands” through kaleidoscopic illustrations of color and cut paper.
- Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers (January 9, 2007)
- Length: 40 pages
- ISBN13: 9780689847325
- Grades: P - 3
- Ages: 4 - 8
- Lexile ® NP The Lexile reading levels have been certified by the Lexile developer, MetaMetrics®
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- ALA Notable Children's Books
- Bank Street Best Books of the Year
- NYPL 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing
- Chicago Public Library's Best of the Best
- Coretta Scott King Award (ALA)
- ILA Notable Books for a Global Society
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Let it Shine Hardcover 9780689847325
- Author Photo (jpg): Ashley Bryan Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.