Discover Trieste’s Habsburg-era glories, multi-ethnic influences, and burgeoning cultural life with this explorer’s guide to Italy’s alternative city destination.
Published by The Urban Explorer
these city tales from new and unusual perspectives provide independent travelers with unforgettable memories. Ideal for those who want to escape the crowds and get beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city. Eccentric museums, secret gardens, iconic structures, idiosyncratic shops, colorful characters and unusual places of worship.
- The first real English-language guide to the city!
- Roman ruins and cavernous caves, wartime tales and seaside traditions, classic cafés and museums galore.
- Italy’s oldest dinosaur, the Theresian Aqueduct, Fascist skyscrapers, and a Brutalist housing complex.
- The first Museum of Wind, the footsteps of James Joyce, the Pharaoh’s Villa, and Tito’s quarry of death.
- Miramare Castle, the Victory Lighthouse, segregated sea bathing, and the world’s biggest regatta.