Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox.
The Map Trap
Table of Contents
About The Book
Alton Barnes loves maps. He’s loved them ever since he was little, and not just for the geography. Because maps contain more information than just locations, and that’s why he likes to draw them as well as read them. Regular “point A to point B” ones, sure, but also maps that explain a whole lot more—like what he really thinks about his friends. And teachers. Even the principal.
So when Alton’s maps are stolen from his locker, there’s serious trouble on the horizon…and he’ll need some serious cartographic skills to escape it.
From “a genius of gentle, high-concept tales set in suburban middle schools” (The New York Times), this stand-alone story is off the charts.
About The Reader
Keith Nobbs has appeared on Broadway in The Lion In Winter and off-Broadway in Dog Sees God, Romance, The Hasty Heart, Bye Bye Birdie, Dublin Carol, and Four (Lucille Lortel Award, Drama Desk Nomination). His film credits include Phone Booth, Double Whammy, and 25th Hour. Television credits include The Black Donnellys (series regular), Law and Order: Criminal Intent, and The Sopranos.
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio (July 22, 2014)
- Runtime: 2 hours and 28 minutes
- ISBN13: 9781442357020
- Grades: 3 - 7
- Ages: 8 - 12
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- Iowa Children's Choice Award Nominee
- William Allen White Children's Book Award Reading List (KS)
- Kansas NEA Reading Circle List Intermediate Title
- Volunteer State Book Award Nominee (TN)
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award List
- Charlie May Simon Children's Book Award Nominee (AR)
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award Nominee (MD)
- Gate City Book Award Nominee (NH)
- Rhode Island Children's Book Award Nominee
- Horned Toad Tales List (TX)
- Wisconsin State Reading Association's Reading List
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Map Trap Unabridged Audio Download 9781442357020(2.7 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Andrew Clements Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More books from this reader: Keith Nobbs
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.