Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox.
The Velveteen Rabbit Touch and Feel Board Book
The Classic Edition
Table of Contents
About The Book
The beloved story of The Velveteen Rabbit, the stuffed animal made real by the love of a boy, has captured our imaginations for generations. In this touch-and-feel board book edition of the children’s classic re-experience the timeless tale of boundless love and the magical transformation it has on our hearts.
For nearly a century, this wonderous tale of unconditional love and nursey magic has charmed both children and adults alike as they begin to believe that a velveteen rabbit toy truly can become real. Perfect for young readers ages 1–7, this cherished tale of love and redemption will quickly become a family tradition.
This touch-and-feel board book edition of The Velveteen Rabbit, or How Toys Become Real:
- Features a beautifully designed board book with touch and feel elements, and lift the flap finale
- Is perfect for toddlers or children during bedtime reading or quiet time
- Is an abridged version of the original story published in 1922 by author Margery Williams
- Has three times as many illustrations as the originally published work
- Lavish illustrations by renowned New York Times #1 Bestselling artist Charles Santore, the critically-acclaimed illustrator of multiple classic tales including The Night Before Christmas, The Classic Tale of Peter Rabbit, and Aesop's Fables
- Makes a wonderful Easter basket stuffer or gift for holidays, baby showers, and birthdays
Create a family tradition with this wonderful volume and make memories your children will cherish for years.
Charles Santore’s works has been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. He is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children’s stories, including The Little Mermaid, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Snow White, and The Wizard of Oz.
About The Illustrator
Charles Santore renowned illustrations have been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. Santore is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children’s stories such as Snow White, The Night Before Christmas and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s Paul Revere’s Ride, which was named 2004 Children’s Book of the Year for Poetry by the Bank Street College Children’s Book Committee. His illustrations for The Wizard of Oz, which is widely considered to be the quintessential illustrated version, were used as the scenic backdrops for a major television performance of the work.
- Publisher: Applesauce Press (January 5, 2021)
- Length: 16 pages
- ISBN13: 9781646430093
- Grades: P and up
- Ages: 3 - 99
Browse Related Books
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- 7th Grade
- 8th Grade
- 9th Grade
- 10th Grade
- 11th Grade
- 12th Grade
- Baby - Age 3
- Age 4 - 8
- Age 9 - 11
- Age 12 and Up
- Children's Fiction > Science Fiction, Fantasy, Magic
- Children's Fiction > Classics
- Children's Fiction > Animals > Rabbits
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Velveteen Rabbit Touch and Feel Board Book Board Book 9781646430093
More books from this illustrator: Charles Santore
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.