Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox.
Uncle Peter's Amazing Chinese Wedding
Table of Contents
About The Book
Jenny's favorite uncle, Peter, is getting married, and everyone is happy happy -- everyone, that is, except Jenny. While her family runs about getting ready for the traditional Chinese wedding -- preparing for the tea ceremony, exchanging good-luck money called hungbau, helping the bride with her many dresses -- Jenny is crying on the inside. How is she supposed to still be Uncle Peter's number-one girl, with her new aunt Stella around? Maybe if she can stop the day's events from happening, he won't get married at all...
Mischievous kids will love following Lenore Look and Yumi Heo's feisty heroine from Henry's First-Moon Birthday in this charming story that also illuminates the many traditions of the Chinese wedding.
About The Illustrator
- Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers (January 1, 2006)
- Length: 40 pages
- ISBN13: 9780689844584
- Grades: P - 3
- Ages: 4 - 8
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- ALA Notable Children's Books
- California Young Reader Medal Nominee
- CCBC Choices (Cooperative Children's Book Council)
- CBC/NCSS Notable Social Studies Trade Book
- Chicago Public Library's Best of the Best
- Blue Hen Book Award Nominee (DE)
- Charlotte Zolotow Award Honor Book
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Uncle Peter's Amazing Chinese Wedding Hardcover 9780689844584(8.1 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Lenore Look Photo courtesy of the author(0.5 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More books from this illustrator: Yumi Heo
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.