“Emotional and sexy. . . I loved it!”
– Miranda Kenneally, bestselling author of CATCHING JORDAN
“Perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Morgan Matson!”
– Ashley Poston, author of GEEKERELLA
“Dessa is a winning and resilient heroine.”
– Elizabeth Wein, New York Times bestselling author of CODE NAME VERITY
“This is a journey I would happily take over and over again.”
– Dahlia Adler, author of JUST VISITING
“Made me want to hit the open road and find my own little corner of the world all at once.”
– Ashley Blake, author of SUFFER LOVE
“This is the fantastic, feminist novel I wish I’d had as a teen.”
– Jessica Spotswood, author of the Cahill Witch Chronicles
“I couldn’t stop turning the pages.”
– Jaye Robin Brown, author of NO PLACE TO FALL
“A heartfelt—and at times, heartbreaking—exploration of finding yourself.”
– Stacey Kade, author of FINDING FELICITY
"An emotional, aesthetic, and hopeful journey to self-discovery."
– Kirkus Reviews
"[T]he message of maintaining persistence, courage, and creativity is a worthy and welcome one for teen readers."
"Imagine pieces of colorful shattered glass, scattered willy-nilly. Now imagine that someone has gathered those pieces and formed them into the shape of something exquisitely lovely: a heart. This book is that heart."
– Lauren Myracle, NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of ttyl
"[A] convincing portrait of a blossoming artist facing relatable coming-of-age issues...Dessa's struggle to realize her dreams without hurting loved ones will resonate."
– Publishers Weekly
"This breezy summer read will appeal to most teens. Hand this to die-hard romantics and aspiring artists."
– School Library Journal
"Dessa’s unwavering commitment to pursuing her dreams regardless of obstacle is inspiring."