Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox.
Table of Contents
About The Book
From the minds of Scieszka and Shannon comes a tale of a quixotic robot determined to conquer the earth. The only problem is that the earth he lands on is a suburban kitchen and he is three inches tall. Robot Zot, the fearless and unstoppable warrior, leaves a trail of destruction as he encounters blenders, toasters, and televisions. But when he discovers the princess...a pink cell phone...his mission takes a new course. Robot Zot must learn how to be a hero - in the name of true love.
About The Illustrator
David Shannon has written and illustrated numerous award winning picture books including Duck on a Bike, the Caldecott Honor Book No David!, How I Learned to be a Pirate, and Good Boy Fergus. He is also one of the collaborative illustrators in Jon Scieszka’s Trucktown series. David lives with his wife and his daughter in Los Angeles.
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (September 22, 2009)
- Length: 40 pages
- ISBN13: 9781416963943
- Grades: P - 2
- Ages: 3 - 7
- Lexile ® AD530L The Lexile reading levels have been certified by the Lexile developer, MetaMetrics®
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- NYPL 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing
- Bank Street Best Books of the Year - with Outstanding Merit
- Cleveland Public Library Celebrate With Books Selection
- Alabama Camellia Award Booklist Selection
- Irma S Black Finalist (Bank Street)
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Robot Zot! Hardcover 9781416963943(9.7 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Jon Scieszka Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More books from this illustrator: David Shannon
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.